Wednesday 31 December 2014

My VIPs of 2014

Well! Good day everyone. I suppose we're all getting ready for the New Year. Some of us are already planning and praying for the direction to head next year. Some others I suppose are just using the moment to relax and cool off and just want to get into the New Year. Some are in between these 2 groups and some are entirely out of this range. No matter the part of the Venn diagram you're in, I still greet you.
2014 has been a really productive year for me and I'll like to appreciate a people that stood out for me this year. Some stood by me, others were around when I called, and some looked up to me while some just made their influence without even knowing they did. However which way, I'm saying thank you all the same.

And here they are:

Racheal Adefemi "BB"
I must say she really did make this year easy for me in plenty ways than one. I'd most likely need a whole post to tell you how much impact she's had on me this year. Thanks dear.

My CMDA National Editors of 2013!
You guys are just awesome! I just couldn't help but be myself around these guys. They just make you feel at home. Thank you for all the love and care.

My Lovely Parents and my Threesome sisters
Thank you so so much for standing by me and supporting me throughout the year. Your love and prayers for me were very key! And I must mention my ever loving, ever praying grandmother, Mrs Grace O. Aroso.

Dotun Sangoleye "Sage"
One heck of a photographer he is. He turned out to be my roommate this year. An interesting young man full of intrigue and absolute wonderment! It's official, he's obsessed with photography.

Toluwanimi Jewel
A wonderful sister and friend! How could I forget you? She is gracefully poised and is a sincere worshipper. Thanks for your profound insights into God's word. And thank you for standing by me. Even though now I have to learn to keep a small distance now. Thanks again.

Dr Agabi
A wonderful man I look up to. He inspires me to want to be a neurologist (if I'd specialize in clinical medicine that is). And he's got some down to earth words of wisdom.

Samuel Abiola "SAGA"
A very interesting dude. Top fantasy premier league player and the person I look up to on the table.

Dotun Akindele
This is an interesting young man. He's got a fantastic work rate and just wants to be good. A keyboardist with some really fast fingers. One day (soon) I'll be able to do your speed tricks (lemme finish exam first). Carol with you was fun! I enjoyed playing with you.

HOW October People 2014!
It was really fun working with you guys on the Heart of Worship Project 2014. Thanks for the sacrifice of time, money and your gifts.

Amaka Oladipo & Timi Ogunkoya
I can’t mention Heart of Worship and not mention these two. They were my inspiration. And whenever I hit a roadblock and didn't know what to do, I just imagined what they’d do or just sought their help directly. Thanks for teaching me the HOW legacy!

Room 618 boys (Lekan Ashaye, Frank, Rahman, Tunde Okuns)
These guys, …. Just can’t find the right words to describe them. Funny, jovial, accommodating, intimidating (when they dress), caring. Thanks for making 617 interesting.

Femi "Alakowe"
Femi! Femi!! Femi!!! Wow! We started this year as roommates and boy did I learn a lot from this young man of God. His words are garnished with wisdom and seasoned with correctness at all times. With him in your room, living right is easy! Thanks a lot, bro. God bless you

Gabriel Agbeboaye "Gabitto"
(The middle name isn't Yoruba) The comedian of the century. You just can't be around him and not laugh... Except he's in a really bad mood that is. Thanks for the jokes and laughs.

Dr Dayo Olakulehin
Dr Dayo. You were very key in this year for me. Thanks for giving me the opportunities to worship in your church on the keyboard. I learnt a lot from those Sundays and Friday nights and thanks so much for the 7 Star Graduate IV. God bless you loads.

MD Bayo Opaleye
Thanks for all of the music drilling. J I’m enjoying the dividends of the hard-work you made us do then and now aspiring for more!

Funke Abisola Aina “Phunkiki”
This sister oh! Very troublemuch!!! But that’s her signature. And she can be very very very caring. Thanks for helping me out with the songs. I missed singing with you though…as you have now commot and go to Petra, wetin man pikin go do? Thanks for being there.

Victory "Vicky" Aghomon
How could I have forgotten my daughter (my bad). She's such a wonderful girl with a wonderful budding character. She saved my choir recently from going off key :-). Thanks dear. And thank you for being a listening ear when daddy needed to talk. Your smile, incredible. God bless you dearie. Keep up the good work.

Dr Banjoko
Oyindamola Ogunleye
Totan Sobode
Michael Oladunjoye
Dr Matthew Ojars
Mr Paschal
Olisa Anyakwo
Damilola Isaac "D'Zantis"
Rachael Darley
Voices On High
Bible Study Unit
Ibrahim Yekinni
RCF Medilag
Lekan “Maye-Winter”
Gene14 Class
James Daramola
Jacob Afolabi George (PhingerPrint Media)
Funmi Popoola
Aunty Yomi Adeleye
Fesobi Adewuyi
…and everyone that time hasn’t allowed me mention (I’m rushing to making Cross-Over Service and it’s almost departure time).

Thank you so much for influencing my year. And I must say thank you specially to Cassandra (cassiedaves.com), your blog gingered me to start off [on blogger].

Two thousand and fifteen is going to be a wonderful year, if you make it to—you have to not sit around and wait for events to happen, instead be proactive and plan ahead. Remember the story of Joseph in the Bible being the Prime Minister of Egypt (the 7 years of famine and 7 years of abundance)? Proper planning with God’s wisdom saved the nation.

I leave you with these fews words: Recognize your frailties and don’t be ashamed of them. Instead deal with them. You can either work on them or adapt to them. Whichever you do, let the result be more productivity.

See you in 2015!

2 comments:

  1. Aww,
    I didn't even know you read my blog . Thank you!

    Happy new year Dara!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. I'll keep reading and learning [from you] and learn some fashion too :)

      Happy New Year to you too!

      Delete